Karen B. London
What’s your favorite dog-themed bumper sticker?

I was stuck in a little traffic yesterday, which could have been a major bummer except for the entertaining car in front of me. I had the good fortune to be behind one of those cars decorated from roof to hubcaps with bumper stickers, and many of them were dog-related. Naturally, they had Bark’s own “Dog is my co-pilot” prominently displayed on the actual bumper, suggesting it was one of the first acquired. Here are some of the others:

My windows aren’t dirty. That’s just my Corgi’s nose art

Caution: This vehicle is infested with dog hair. Enter at your own risk

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

My Corgi would herd your honor student

Your honor student is merely a pawn in my dog’s world domination plot

wag more bark less

I adhere to my Corgi’s radical ideology

squirrel whisperer on board

Your car would look like this too if you owned a Pembroke Welsh Corgi

At one end of my leash sits a dog. At the other end stands a voter. STOP B.S.L. [Breed Specific Legislation]

Caution: wiggle butt zone

What canine-themed bumper stickers do you have on your car? What amusing ones have you seen on other cars?

Submitted by Lisa Wogan | December 27 2009 |

I love pet-themed bumper stickers and keep my eye out for them. In addition to a Bark bumper sticker (of course), I have a “Dogs Lick Ass” sticker—on my bulletin board. I just can’t bring myself to put on my car. I’ve also seen some great cat stickers, including, “We had to give away the kids. The cats were allergic,” and “Cats are people too.” Also, you can put your money where your bumper is by buying specialty license plates that benefits animal welfare. We have them in Washington (http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/splovespets.html) and JoAnna recently wrote about a similar option in Maine. (http://thebark.com/content/supporting-pets-through-bureau-motor-vehicles).

Submitted by Rochelle Smith | February 3 2014 |

California now also has a great license plate that benefits animal welfare. It's got a cartoonish dog and cat on one side and can be personalized with whatever you want. Below the name or number it says "Spay and Neuter Saves Lives"…….. Yeah…..Let's lower the population of unwanted animals and encourage folks to work on the problem.

Submitted by Lori | December 27 2009 |

My favorite (and the only one I have on my car) is: "I Believe In Dog." Perfect for a dog-loving atheist! :-)

Submitted by Anonymous | December 27 2009 |

My grandchild is a pit bull.

Submitted by Melissa | December 27 2009 |

My Whippet makes your honor student look slow and awkward.

Roo if you love Grey

Submitted by Anonymous | December 28 2009 |

Wag more Bark Less is my favorite bumper sticker

Submitted by @debeades | December 29 2009 |

@The_Bark My mom has a bumper sticker with a terrier and a gun on it that says "Dont Negotiate With Terriers!". I LOVE that one!

Submitted by Anne | December 30 2009 |

I have a decal on my car that reads "Got Greyhound?". I love dog-related bumper sticker and am planning to look our for them more often.

Submitted by Tiffany | December 31 2009 |

I have vinyl paw prints going up the back window and a stick that says "Got Jackahuahua" I have a Jack Russell and Chihuahua mix. (It's gets looks and laughs)

Submitted by Tiffani | January 3 2010 |

I have a sign on my rear side window that says:" Yes, I really do love my dogs as much as you love your kids." Most people love it. I've only had one person say to me, "How can you think that, you have a child." My reply was, "Exactly, she knows that I love my pets as much as I love her."

Submitted by Dick | December 12 2010 |

Where can I buy some of these stickers?

Submitted by Peggy DeForest | May 29 2012 |

I would to buy your "Dog is My Co-Pilot" bumper sticker. It is so great!

Submitted by Daniela Lopez | May 29 2012 |

You can buy our Dog is My Co-Pilot bumperstickers along with other Dog is My Co-Pilot gear at our store, thebark.com/store.