Home
Guest Posts
Print|Text Size: ||
The Dangers of Street Shocks

A recent memorial service for a husky named Sebastion serves as a reminder of a danger many of us didn’t even realize was out there—stray electrical voltage. (Sebastian was electrocuted by a lamppost last May.) While the dangers are nothing like the days direct current before Nikola Tesla discovered alternating current, errant shocks and electrocution are not a thing of the past. The folks at Streetzaps.com, an online clearinghouse of information about stray voltage, track incidents and current research, and provide advice for keeping dogs safe, such as avoiding walking close to lampposts or service boxes or across manhole covers.

 

Print

Lisa Wogan lives in Seattle and is the author of, most recently, Dog Park Wisdom.

Order Dog Park Wisdom

More From The Bark

By
Richard Layman
By
Michelle O'Neil
By
The Bark
More in Guest Posts:
An Unlikely Patient on the Front Lines
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Dog Treats
Cool-weather Tick Alert
NYC Behavior Program Works with Abused Pups
Case to Protect ADA Rights
Valley Fire Dogs in Need
Best in Health: Purebred or Mixed-Breed?
Dog Days of Cleaning
Think Twice about the Fish in Dog Food
What Else Is In That Supplement?