|Print |Text Size: |||
Last week my nephew called. He was dog-sitting our cousin's dog, Chester, and he was concerned about Chester’s stiff back legs. I suggested half an aspirin, and then I said, “Not Advil. That’s not good for dogs.” I said it. I felt it was true, but like a lot of do’s and dont’s, I couldn’t bet my life on it.
Lucky for my nephew, Chester and yours truly, I remembered correctly, as this recent, sobering reminder from Patrick Miles, DVM , reveals. Not only is ibuprofen toxic for dogs—and more so for cats—the consequences can be severe. But don’t trust me, read Dr. Miles post. And, keep those bottles of Advil, Motrin, Midol, etc., safely out of your dog’s way.