There are many ways to make a difference in the lives of dogs during this time of year. Here are a few ideas for you:
- Donate to a local animal shelter or to one in an area of the country that might not be well-funded. Check out their wish list; do they need leashes, towels, collars, toys, harnesses, dog beds or flea medi- cation? Get your dog park friends to pitch in, too. Go to smile.amazon.com to give while you shop.
- Foster a shelter dog or sponsor one—most shelters have sponsorship programs.
- Bake up homemade cookies or purchase some for the shelter workers and treats for the dogs.
- Purchase a commemorative calendar from a shelter or rescue group.
- Donate dog food/treats to a homeless shelter that accommodates pets.