If you are an experienced and competitive advertising sales professional with expertise at closing accounts over the phone in a highly competitive environment and have a love for dogs, join our team at The Bark! We are looking for an Advertising Sales Representative to sell advertising space in our print and digital publications to both national accounts and mid- to large-size dog product manufacturers. You will work from your home or office as an independent advertising representative.
Your two main objectives will be to maintain/grow our existing book of business and to prospect for/add new advertising clients to your list of accounts, so your duties will be a combination of “hunting" for new prospects and “farming" existing accounts. The ideal candidate has experience in online and digital ad sales as well as a background in selling magazine print advertising. Experience and/or knowledge of the pet-dog industry is a plus. We are seeking candidates who can “sell beyond the page” — helping us strategize in the evolving marketing and promotional environment where social media, sponsored content and digital impressions all compete for advertising dollars.
Your specific duties as a Bark Advertising Sales Representative will include:
- Developing leads and new business
- Preparing and delivering strong, engaging sales presentations and proposals to prospective clients
- Educating potential clients on the value of advertising with The Bark
- Demonstrating expertise in print ad sales and knowledge in the latest digital marketing trends
- Meeting and exceeding all sales and performance goals on a consistent basis
- Managing-tracking sales leads and activity reports in a database (must be familiar with databases, Google docs and Microsoft Office)
The Bark is a Berkeley, CA based publishing company, founded in 1997. It publishes The Bark, a quarterly magazine for dog enthusiasts, as well as produces thebark.com, digital editions and e-newsletters.
Send cover letter and resume to: