Bark’s Best Places to Work presented by Zuke’s ("Contest") Official Rules
Sponsor: Zuke’s, PO Box 3210, Durango, CO 81302
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE STATE AND FEDERAL LAW. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT THE TIME WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED.
1. ELIGIBILITY. No purchase necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve chances of winning. This Contest begins September 1, 2014, ends on October 31, 2014, entry deadline extended until November 15, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) ("Promotion Period") and is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry. Employees of The Bark, Inc. and Zuke’s, their respective parent or affiliated companies, subsidiaries, dealers, sales representatives, distributors, advertising agencies, promotional and prize suppliers and the immediate families and household members of each, are prohibited from entering.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest: Go to thebark.com/Bestplaces and complete the entry form. Once completed, follow the step-by-step process for uploading accompanying photo(s).
Contest entry forms and photos can also be submitted through the U.S. postal service. There is a limit of 6 photos per submission. Please do not send originals, as no photographs or submissions will be returned.
After the Contest is closed on October 31, 2014, entry deadline extended until November 15, 2014, all submissions will be eligible to win the grand prize. The nominations will be reviewed and three (3) winners will be selected by a team of Bark editors, pet industry experts and human (and canine) resources professionals.
All Contest submissions will be judged based on how well they fit the qualifying criteria: Does the company have a work-friendly environment? Have they created and upheld dog-friendly work policies? And, do they support canine causes? In addition, judges may consider the overall canine-friendly atmosphere of a company and the dedication the company has to creating a culture that supports and celebrates dogs at work. All Contest decisions are final. Entries that fail to comply with the Contest rules or community guidelines will be disqualified.
If a Contest photo includes individuals other than the entrant, the judges may also require the entrant to obtain a signed model release form.
Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or her Contest entry) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should fraud, virus, bug or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Proof of entering information on Sponsor’s website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor.
3. WHAT TO SUBMIT. Fill out the entry form found at www.thebark.com/Bestplaces and submit accompanying photo(s). Photos must be a visual representation of the workplace detailed in the entry form.
High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable as part of your entry. Photographs must be in a .jpeg, .jpg or .tiff format. Files submitted may not be larger than 2,048k (2MB). Finalists may be asked to submit a high-resolution file or an original negative, print or slide. Original photographs will not be returned.
Minor digital enhancements are permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
4. WRITER/PHOTOGRAPHER/COPYRIGHT. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any writing and media submitted. Your submission is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the content.
5. OWNERSHIP/USE RIGHTS GRANTED. Entrants retain the copyright to their content and media. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that Sponsor may use the content/media for promotional purposes, without restriction. This may include publishing online or in print.
7. PRIZE/ODDS. Judges will select three (3) winners to receive a year’s worth of Zuke’s treats and a feature in the Spring 2015 issue of The Bark. Selection will take place throughout the period starting on November 1, 2014 and ending December 1, 2014. These winners will be contacted by Sponsor to get more details on their workplace, as well as a higher-resolution version of any photographs and model release forms, if applicable. If a finalist is unable to supply these, an alternate winner will be selected.
The selected winners are eligible for publication in The Bark, in conjunction with promotional advertising by Zuke’s.
Winners will be selected from the entire pool of Contest submissions. Prize subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATION/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. The winners will be notified by e-mail and must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity release (where permitted) within twenty-one (21) days from the date on the written prize notification letter or the prize will be forfeited. Failure to comply with these requirements for any reason, or return of the prize notification letter as undeliverable or refused, will result in forfeiture of prize. An alternate entrant will be chosen from the remaining eligible entries and awarded the prize. If the winner is eighteen (18) years of age or older but considered a minor in his/her state of residence, prize will be awarded on minor's behalf to the parent/legal guardian of minor, who must execute and return any required documents as noted previously in these rules. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Except at Sponsor’s discretion, no cash redemption, substitutions or transfer of prize allowed. In case of unavailability of the advertised prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winner. By accepting a prize, winner grants Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents the right to use his/her name and likenesses in advertising, publicity and promotion without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release The Bark, Inc., Zuke’s, their parent and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and agents ("Promotion Parties") from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorney's fees and court costs. By accepting prize, winner agrees that Promotion Parties will not be held responsible for any system damage, loss of property, accidents, injuries or death that may occur in the receipt, awarding, use or possession of prize and/or participation in any prize-related activity, including any travel related thereto. Winner acknowledges that Sponsor has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. By participating in this Contest, entrants and winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of Sponsor and any applicable federal, state, provincial or local laws and regulations.
10. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the State of California.