- 1 cups wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups coarse oatmeal
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or defrosted)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup sunfl ower oil
HOW TO DO IT
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Measure wheat fl our and oatmeal, mix with baking powder.
GET THE BARK IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up for our newsletter and stay in the know.
3. Add eggs, yogurt and sunfl ower oil, stir well.
4. Carefully add the washed blueberries.
5. Take off clumps with a tablespoon and place on an oiled baking pan.
6. Bake about 25 minutes.
Stick a toothpick into a scone. If dough still sticks to it, bake the scones a few more minutes.
TIP: For a small dog, use a teaspoon and make small scones. Reduce baking time to 20 minutes.
Replace the blueberries with a pureed banana. Reduce the oatmeal by ½ cup and use coarsely chopped hazelnuts or peanuts in its place.