What better way to make your pup feel truly special this Valentine’s Day than with homemade treats richly infused with love. The added bonus is that Valentine Liver Nibbles are completely wheat-free, making them ideal for sensitive pets.
This delicious recipe is easy to make, nutritious and tasty, plus the loaf can be sliced up into any size. Nothing beats the homemade liver dog treats and knowing exactly what ingredients are inside your dog’s foods.
With just a few simple ingredients this dog treat recipe is easy to make, even for novice cooks. Dogs love liver and these homemade liver dog treats will make your dog jump for joy. You’ll need a pound of pureed chicken or beef liver, three eggs, two cups of instant oats, one-forth cup of vegetable oil, and a bit of kelp. If you don’t have liver on hand you can dice up your pups favorite meat for this simple recipe as a substitute.
Valentine Liver Nibble Dog Treats
Homemade liver dog treats that are are a nutritious and tasty!
GET THE BARK NEWSLETTER IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up and get the answers to your questions.
- 1 lb. fresh raw organic beef or chicken liver
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola or other vegetable oil
- 2 cups instant oats
- 1 Tbsp. applesauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. powdered kelp
- Filtered water sufficient to make a batter
1. Process the liver in a blender or food processor until completely puréed.
2. Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl and pour in oil.
3. Add liver to the egg and oil mixture.
4. Mix in dry ingredients slowly, stirring continuously so they are thoroughly combined.
5. Add water gradually until you have a “batter” consistency.
6. Pour final batter into a loaf tin.
7. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
8. Cool in the tin until able to be handled, then gently turn the loaf out onto a rack and refrigerate to cool completely.
Slice with a sharp knife, then dice into bite-sized pieces appropriate for your pup.
Note: We've omitted the garlic originally in this recipe.