A simple home-prepared meal that incorporates healthy ingredients that not only improves our animals’ health but is also easier on our budgets.
- ½ cup [125 mL] chicken breast, cooked, skin and fat removed, ground or shredded
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] chicken liver, cooked, finely chopped
- ½ cup [125 mL] squash, acorn, cubed, boiled, drained
- ½ cup [125 mL] asparagus, boiled, drained, chopped
- ½ cup [125 mL] collard greens, cooked, drained, chopped
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] sesame seeds, dried, whole, no salt
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] cod liver oil
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] coconut oil
- 500 mg calcium from a supplement or slightly more than ¼ teaspoon finely ground eggshell
- ½ cup [125 mL] broth, if desired
Combine all ingredients, mix well. Serve.
Hint: Powdered calcium sticks to wet ingredients, sprinkle evenly over wet food.
Protein: 36 grams Fat: 28 grams Calories: 436
Daily serving for a 30 lb dog, can be divided into 2 feedings.