Stepping out with our furry friends during the sunniest time of the year makes for hot and hungry dogs. This quick, simple yogurt dog treat recipe is designed to cool off your pup, while providing a delectable, tasty treat! Makes 30-40 cubes, enough to last the summer. Feel free to add other tasty items like raspberries and strawberries, or any of the superfoods listed here (yogurt-fish-honey pops, anyone?).
What better way to ensure that your pup gets a delicious, nutritious and safe treat than to make it yourself? Some peanut butters and yogurts may contain xylitol an artificial sweetner which is toxic to dogs, so shop around or make your own peanut butter and yogurt to add to this homemade frozen yogurt dog treat.
Frozen Yogurt Treats for Dogs
These tasty froze dog treats are perfect to help keep your pal cool in the summer heat.
- 4 cups yogurt (plain, non-fat if needed)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Silicone mold or ice cube tray
1. Melt peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds.
GET THE BARK NEWSLETTER IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up and get the answers to your questions.
2. Place all of the ingredients including the sofened peanut butter into a blender, mixer or food processor and blend well (until smooth).
3. Pour the blended food into silicone mold or ice cube trays.
4. Freeze until firm, typically overnight.
5. Pop out of the mold and let your dog enjoy this frozen treat!
Note: You can use a basic ice cube tray but we prefer to use a silicone mold for easier cube removal plus the creative shapes. We used a standard sized Le Dogue silicone dog treat mold for this recipe but the mini-size is available on Amazon or any silicone dog treat mold will work.
This super simple recipe is a surefire way to make your dog feel happy and cool during the hot summer months. Keep some in the freezer to use all summer long.