With these easy-to-use thanksgiving recipes, your dog can be included in your holiday festivities. Pumpkin has loads of benefits for dogs. It’s a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and more. Mix in a little homemade peanut butter, and your dog will have an amazingly nutritious and festive snack for the holidays.
Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. of homemade or all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100 g) puréed pumpkin
- 16 ounces (450 g) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. This includes wheat flour, eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter.
GET THE BARK NEWSLETTER IN YOUR INBOX!
Sign up and get the answers to your questions.
3. Mix on low setting until it comes together into a dough
4. On a lightly floured surface, form small treat rounds or press with cookie cutter of your choice.
5. Place on a cookie sheet, allow at least ½″ between treats.
4. Bake 30 minutes then let cool for at least 10 mins.
6. Mix both topping ingredients together until well blended.
7. Top each cooked treat with a bit of the smooth topper.