TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I hereby give The Bark, Inc. (Sponsor) a non-exclusive right to use the content of this submission for any editorial, marketing or advertising purpose.
I represent that I sent the submission to The Bark under my true name and understand that this submission, its content, and any attachments submitted with it may be republished in any form or medium at any time and in any place, and that the submission and attachments will not be returned to me.
I understand that I shall receive no compensation or remuneration of any type for use of the submission, any attachments or my name, and The Bark, Inc. shall be under no obligation to use the submission, attachments or my name. I further agree to the Official Rules of the Contest.
I release The Bark, Inc. its subsidiaries, affiliates and sponsoring partners and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, and agents and their successors and assigns from any and all liability with respect to whatever manner they use the submission, attachments or my name. The Bark reserves the right to review and reject any submission in its sole discretion.
Cover Dog Photo Contest (“Contest”) Official Rules
Contest submission ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Sept. 15, 2017. By submitting a photo for consideration, users agree to the Official Rules of the Contest.
Sponsor: The Bark. Inc., 2810-8th St., Berkeley, CA, 94710
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE STATE AND FEDERAL LAW. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND D.C., AND WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT A RESIDENT OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ENTRANTS MUST LIVE IN THE U.S., NO ENTRANTS FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S. WILL BE ACCEPTED.1. ELIGIBILITY. No purchase necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve chances of winning. This first term of the Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Sept, 12, 2016, ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Nov. 15, 2016 (“Promotion Period for the Spring 2017 issue”) and is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry. This second term of the Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Sept, 12, 2016, ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Feb. 15, 2017 (“Promotion Period for the Summer 2017 issue”) and is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry. This third term of the Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Sept, 12, 2016, ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on May. 15, 2017 (“Promotion Period for the Fall 2017 issue”) and is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry. This fourth term of the Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Sept, 12, 2016, ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sept. 15, 2017 (“Promotion Period for the Winter 2017 issue”) and is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Contest: Go to thebark.com/coverdog and complete the entry form. Once completed, follow the step-by-step process for creating a submission and for uploading an accompanying photo and a 75-word essay on the topic “Why My Dog Should Be a Bark Cover Dog.” This is the only method to enter this contest. No other channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, USPS, etc. shall qualify. This is NOT a photo or a writing contest. Each dog can only be entered once, but multiple dogs from a household can be entered separately. The Bark is published four times a year, and each cover during 2017 will feature a cover dog selected from this contest. The first winner to be chosen will be featured on the Spring 2017 issue. Subsequent winners will appear on the cover of either the Summer, Fall or Winter issue. You only need to enter once to be eligible for all 2017 issues. The Bark’s deadlines in 2017 for selecting the cover photo for the Summer, Fall and Winter issues are as follows: Summer 2/15; Fall 5/15; Winter 8/15. Multiple entries will not improve your chances and are prohibited. There will be four winners in total during 2017. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or /her Contest entry) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should fraud, virus, bug or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors, failures or delays, whether human or technical in nature, of any computer system, phone line, hardware, software, program, computer transmissions, postal delivery, or network connections. Proof of entering information on The Bark’s website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by The Bark.
4. INFORMATION. By participating, you hereby acknowledge and agree to receive e-mails from The Bark but you may opt out of receiving future e-mails by following the instructions contained in any such email, or by otherwise notifying the sending entity. You remain eligible to win a prize if you opt out.
5. SELECTION PROCESS. One (1) submission, per quarter, will be selected by The Bark for a photo session to be held with a professional photographer. The dog must be well-behaved and able to work with a studio photographer specializing in dog photography in a close and perhaps unfamiliar environment. Again, this is not a photo or writing contest. All Contest submissions will be judged on the basis of uniqueness, quality and the ability to convey the contest topic “Why My Dog Should Be a Bark Cover Dog”. All Contest decisions will be made at The Bark’s sole discretion and are final. Entries that fail to comply with the Contest Rules will be disqualified. After each Contest quarter is closed, The Bark shall select or designate one submission as the winner. Winners will be contacted by The Bark to obtain more details on the dog and to ascertain qualifications, such as ability to work with a photographer. The guardians of the winning dogs will also need to be available to attend a photo session of, at the minimum, one hour in length, and the guardian must accompany the dog to this session and bear all costs of travel to the photo studio and any other incidental expenses that the entrant might incur. The Sponsor will be responsible for the professional expenses of the photographer. The Sponsor can, at any time during the contest term, decide to terminate the contest.
6. OWNERSHIP/USE RIGHTS GRANTED. Entrants retain the copyright to their media submitted to the contest. By entering the Contest, entrants grant the Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use the media for any purposes, in any form or medium, at any time, and in any place, without restriction. This includes, but is not limited to, publishing online or in print in The Bark related only to the contest and not for any other promotional or marketing uses, without compensation to the entrant.
8. PRIZE/ODDS. One winner per quarter will be selected to appear as the cover dog and will be photographed by a professional photographer. Prize is subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Multiple entries are not allowed and do not improve chances of winning.
9. POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATION/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. The winner will be notified by e-mail and must respond within five days, or the prize will be forfeited. An alternate Entrant will be chosen and awarded the prize. If the winner is eighteen (18) years of age or older but considered a minor in his/her state of residence, prize will be awarded on minor’s behalf to the parent/legal guardian of minor, who must execute and return any required documents as noted previously in these rules. By accepting a prize, winner grants The Bark the right to use his/her name and likeness in advertising, publicity and promotion without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release The Bark, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates and sponsoring partners from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to awarding the prize; (b) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorney's fees and court costs. By accepting prize, winner agrees that The Bark will not be held responsible for any system damage, loss of property, accidents, injuries or death that may occur in the receipt, awarding, use or possession on the way to, leaving or during the photo session or participation in any prize-related activity, including any travel related thereto. Winner acknowledges that The Bark has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. The Sponsor is not liable for any costs incurred by the winner in execution of the photo session, all costs for travel or any incidental expenses shall be paid by the winner. By participating in this Contest, entrants and winner agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of The Bark and any applicable federal, state, provincial or local laws and regulations.
11. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to jurisdiction and exclusive venue in the State of California.
Bark Spring 2017 Cover Winner: Clementine of Brooklyn, NY.
Bark Summer 2017 Cover Winner: Toby of Twin Cities, MN.